As a Manual Machinist, you will be assigned to produce machined parts by setting up, and operating manual machining equipment; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment, tooling, and supplies. We are looking for someone with both lathe and milling knowledge/experience.
- Plan machining by studying, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three-jaw and four-jaw chucks, vices, fixtures, tools, and attachments.
- Verify settings and maintain part specifications by measuring first-off part and sample workpieces during operation, sharpening and replacing worn tools as needed to ensure part to print accuracy, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Deburr parts in preparation for the next operation and/or Quality Inspection.
- To work in a clean, safe and organized manner, as outlined in the Health and Safety Program; this includes material handling.
- Apply knowledge of equipment applications in the manufacturing process.
- Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, scrap and rework.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, adding/mixing coolant, topping up oils, following manufacturer's instructions.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions, identifying and reporting any required repairs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Any additional tasks as requested by the Manufacturing / Shop Supervisor.
- Post Secondary Education / Apprenticeship Training Program.
- Certificate of Qualifications as General Machinist or Tool and Die Maker.
- Ability to work shift rotation and flexibility to work overtime on short notice.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Precision Machining.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive winning attitude
- Blueprint Reading, GD&T.
- Willing to work morning shifts
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$23.00 per hour
Posted on: 2021-01-13