Reporting line: Team Leader
About Smoke Chefs
Smoke Chef is a new player in the production of hot and cold smoked fish as well as the production of related sofisticated products (spreads and marinades). Their new factory in Bois-des-Filions will open in the coming weeks and we are looking for 8 general helpers for the day shift.
Under the supervision of the team leader, General Workers occupy several functions ranging from cutting and sorting the fish, smoking and production of related products, preparation and packing of products, labeling and shipping as well as as maintenance and other related activities.
- Reception and sorting of products
- Cutting and filleting fish
- Move products and position to maximize space
- Properly package food to minimize waste, breakage and displacement during shipping;
- Ensure the integrity and cleanliness of containers before they are shipped;
- Seal and label the containers with the appropriate materials;
- Seal containers to prevent unpacking during shipment;
- Label containers with product information and weight;
- Stack the containers in a way that allows the shipper to quickly load them onto the trucks;
- Responsible for monitoring all quality and food safety policies and applicable procedures;
- Ensure product safety by ensuring that they are stored at appropriate temperatures and report any deviations;
- Clean in accordance with quality standards.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a day laborer
- Can perform repetitive tasks effectively
- Can stand and walk for long periods
- Can work in cold environment for long periods
- Team spirit, collaboration
Smoke Chefs will only communicate with successful candidates