Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN)
Preferred Home care of NY is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) for the Five Star Premier Residences Located in Riverdale/Yonkers, NY
The Preferred Home Care onsite RN/LPN always uses best nursing practices. He/she is Committed to excellence in patient care at all times. This individual acts as the liaison between preferred home care and the Five Star residents. He/She enjoys Communicating, caring and problem solving with PT and their families. Must have Effective communication skills.
- Liaison between Preferred Home Care, and the Five Star residents
- Educate Pt on the benefits of home care services
- Ensure that all patients whom desire home care receive services in a timely manner
- Institutes appropriate nursing intervention which might be required to stabilize a resident's condition and/or prevent complication.
- Makes daily resident rounds to interview physical and emotional status and to implement any required nursing interventions.
- Responds to resident and family concerns and ensures that each concern is documented and a resolution is initiated or communicated to appropriate staff.
- Coordinates admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
- Obtains report from nurse he or she is relieving, provides report to nurse coming on duty and keeps the charge nurse or others (as appropriate) informed about the status of residents and related matters.
- Prepares, administer and documents medications following accepted practices.
- Consults with licensed or registered nurse, physician or licensed independent practitioner.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one-year professional experience in home care, acute care or rehab setting home care experience preferred
- Excellent relationship building & customer service skills required
- Ability to work with people of all ages, ethnic and social-economic groups
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other health care providers, social workers, and community resources.
- Excellent assessment and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- RN or LPN with current license in the state of NY
- Competitive salary
- Team environment
- Weekly paycheck
- Direct deposit
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, drug, and paid time-off (vacation, sick, paid legal holidays)
- Commuter benefit program
Preferred Home Care is amongst the largest Licensed Home Care Agencies in the New York Metropolitan area. Our commitment to excellence in patient care is how we got were we are today. This mission statement expands to all employees. Each employee is given the tools and support to continue enhancing their career as Preferred Home Care continuously expands.
Posted on: 2020-07-28