The Maintenance Supervisor is highly skilled in Facilities Management and Operations. As a Leader and mentor for the community the Maintenance Supervisor will ensure a safe and secure living environment for Residents, Visitors and Associates. The Maintenance Technician will continually improve operating conditions, quality, and integrity of all building systems and appearances, while delivering superior customer service to our Residents.
They are tasked with improving and standardizing quality of services and products used in the maintenance of properties. The Maintenance Supervisor will work closely with the Property Manager to ensure excellent customer service to Residents and all maintenance issues are resolved within established guidelines. They will report to the Facilities Director.
Position is full-time, $75,000-$100,000
▪ Leads, manages, and trains Associates.
▪ Assigns work orders and provides technical assistance to maintenance associates.
▪ Assists in the selection of maintenance associates. Provides feedback for performance reviews.
▪ Participates in on-call emergency rotation and responds to emergencies as needed.
▪ Leads property inspections and vendors, prepares the property for any outside inspections.
▪ Inspects vacant units, ensuring turnovers are completed within a timely manner.
▪ Reviews work order logs and sets priorities for work order completion.
▪ Monitors inventory levels while remaining within established budgets.
▪ Reviews contracts and makes recommendations for approvals.
▪ Manages subcontracted service providers and documents work and product quality.
▪ Facilitates technical training and technical skill development for property Associates.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to revise routine and preventative maintenance schedules
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis.
- Inspects others work orders in vacant units, ensuring turnovers are completed on schedule and meets or exceeds community standards.
- Utilizes maintenance program to track work orders, preventive maintenance, inventory, and product replacements.
- Trash pick-up, sweeping and light landscaping. Removes snow and ice from sidewalks, walkways, steps, and driveways. Diligently monitors the community for slip, trip and fall hazards.
- Coordinates special projects as directed
- Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition and ensure an adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials.
- Collegiate degree or equivalent Trade School Degree in HVAC, electrical, plumbing or another trade
- HVAC Certification preferred
- 10 years maintenance, construction or Project Management experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a managerial roll
- Advanced knowledge in mechanical systems and equipment including HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, painting, electric and Life Safety systems.
- Proficiency in building practices and standards
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation required
Posted on: 2020-07-28