Support Worker - (Day Shifts - Term Time Only)
Cambian Grateley House School
Salary: Starting at £9.00 p/h, rising to £9.20 p/h upon successful completion of probation, increasing once qualified to £9.50 p/h
Location: Grateley, Hampshire
Contract type: Permanent, Full time, Term Time Only (40 hours per week) Plus 5.6 weeks paid holiday
Change a Young Person’s Life – Join the Cambian Family!
Grateley House School has a successful tradition of supporting students between the ages of 9-19 with Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties, to gain valuable life skills, qualifications and confidence to support their journey towards independence. The dedicated team recognise this success and want to offer this opportunity to a wider range of young people and adults as part the ongoing developments that are taking place across all areas of the provision.
We are seeking to recruit committed, passionate and engaging Support Workers to join our team supporting the delivery of education, life skills and be a model of positive behaviour support to empower our young people to make a positive change in their lives, gain self-regulation skills and develop greater lifelong independence.
Successful support workers will be a part of a large supportive team who will work across Education, Care and Therapeutic services supporting each other’s practice to develop specialist residential services to those with additional and complex care needs including: Autism, Asperger’s and associated difficulties.
You will learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and just like our residents you will be learning all the time through our on-going mentoring and support!
We are looking for Residential Support Workers that are:
· Passionate about improving the lives of others;
· Able to work consistent shifts
· A positive and consistent role model to others;
· Innovative, engaging enthusiastic and inspirational;
· A creative thinker and implementer;
· Flexible in working shift patterns on a rota basis including days, evenings and weekends;
· An excellent communicator and team player;
· Seeking career development and training.
In return for the above we can offer you:
· Comprehensive Induction and commitment to training & development (online learning and RQF level 3) for career progression
· 5.6 weeks paid holiday
· Cambian rewards scheme (child care vouchers, cycle to work, retail discounts)
· Onsite parking
· Auto enrolment pension scheme
· DBS paid
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00 to £9.50 /hour