Cambian Lufton College
Salary: Starting at £9.00 p/h, rising to £9.20 p/h upon successful completion of probation, increasing once qualified to £9.50 p/h
Location: Lufton, Yeovil
Contract type: Full Time (40hrs) Flexible 38 and 52 week contracts
Contract term: Permanent
The Cambian Group is one of the largest providers of specialist behavioural health services for children and adults in the UK. We are currently looking for staff to join our dedicated team that match our ethos of believing that every child or young person has the ability to achieve their personal best.
Working in an educational care setting has never been so rewarding. With the nation pulling together to overcome the current Covid-19 pandemic it has been clear to see the value placed upon frontline care staff and the difference that they make to people’s lives. Here at Cambian Lufton College we pride ourselves on improving the lives of others each and every day and seeing our students develop and grow as they move towards a more independent way of life.
Being a Youth Support Worker and supporting young people within education and care is not just a job, it’s a desire to make a difference to the quality of life of others. We all spend many hours in work and finding the right role is also critical to our own health & wellbeing.
The College caters for young people and adults that have autism, additional learning needs and associated complex behaviours across day, 38 and 52 week placements. Successful candidates will be part of a large supportive team who work holistically across Care, Education and Therapeutic services supporting each other’s practice. This is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with trained, qualified professionals from across our multidisciplinary team and to join an expanding, successful educational organisation.
A Support Worker’s main responsibilities
• Safeguard our young people and protect them from harm;
• Provide a nurturing, safe and enjoyable home life;
• Support all young people to learn, engage and achieve independence;
• Attend all necessary training;
• Support with intimate care, showing respect and protecting dignity;
• Help our young people access the community, develop their own hobbies and interests;
• Build appropriate relationships with the young people you support.
What we need from you?
We are looking for Youth Support Workers that are:
• Passionate about improving the lives of others;
• No previous care or education experience needed;
• A positive and consistent role model to others;
• Innovative, engaging enthusiastic and inspirational;
• A flexible creative thinker and implementer.
What can we offer you?
We can offer you the following:
• Competitive rates of pay;
• Flexible working patterns & contracts;
• Training and personal development including a QCF qualification at Level 3;
• Supportive line management and mentorship;
• Access to our Cambian Rewards Scheme;
• A minimum of 6 weeks annual leave;
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Reference ID: SW/ED/LUFTON
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00 to £9.50 /hour