Reporting to the Director, Wireline and Residential Deployment, the Fibre to the Home (FTTH) Construction Coordinator will be responsible for designing and coordinating new FTTH construction projects, service installations, and FTTH network upgrades, rebuilds, and project planning. The Coordinator manages both the Inside Plant and Outside Plant (OSP) of the NRBN network.
In addition to coordinating the development and activities of the FTTH projects, the Coordinator plays an active role in customer service and retention. The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all projects are completed to the customer’s satisfaction and meet the standards as set forth by NRBN.
You will contribute to our team by:
- Conducting field site walks to determine construction requirements and/or validate construction estimates
- Coordinating, directing, and scheduling construction activity, with internal and external resources, for assigned projects ensuring the determined deadlines, costs, and quality of drawings are met
- Ensuring that all components of the project adhere to current standards and all applicable construction regulations
- Establishing the necessary external resources for executing projects using provided estimating templates
- Transmitting necessary deadlines in obtaining authorizations to the satisfaction of internal/external customers
- Negotiating (up to established limits of authority) with contractors of external services
- Performing regular site visits to active construction site(s) to ensure that all the work is conducted in accordance with NRBN standards and applicable safety legislation
- Assisting contractors in problem solving to ensure deadline and budgetary adherence
- Maintaining and repairing NRBN’s equipment facilities
- Performing inside plant cabling as required on customer premises or in POP/OLT facilities
- Providing optimal customer service and offering support in customer retention by using processes and procedures that are customer-oriented and seek solutions to resolve service issues
- Applying for and managing all third-party permits and consents, as applicable for the assigned project(s) and maintain permitting records
- Organizing quotation requests and quotation analyses with respect to the award of construction contracts, as applicable
- Coordinating material, cables, hardware, and work orders that must be delivered or provided to contractors or internal resources
- Reviewing all constructed drawings for accuracy with appropriate staff/contractors prior to submission to GIS/Records, municipalities, and utilities
- Reviewing, approving, and/or reconciling project-specific contractor invoicing
- Maintaining and updating records in a timely, logical, and organized manner
- Performing work in accordance with the provisions of the Canada Labour Code and Regulations
- Working in accordance with, and adhering to, Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act, RSO 1990, WHMIS, 2015 and all departmental policies and procedures related to occupational health and safety
- Attending and completing all required Health and Safety training as deemed necessary by the Director, Wireline and Residential Deployment
- Performing other related duties as assigned by supervisor
What do you bring to the team?
- Proficiency with current systems including Computer-aided design (CAD) as well as standard office software applications e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and Visio
- Effective written and oral communication skills with customers, colleagues, and Management
- The capacity to quickly and effectively analyze and troubleshoot issues that may arise in a timely and efficient manner
- The capability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- A strong ability to shift and adjust priorities, directing activities toward timely completion of assigned tasks
- The ability to adjust to changes in processes, systems, and administrative structures to meet organizational and departmental requirements
- Conflict resolution skills to manage escalating situations competently, displaying empathy, integrity, and professional conduct
- A post-secondary education in Engineering, C.E.T. or related discipline
- Possess 2-3 year of construction/design experience in outside plant fibre, electrical or communication distribution systems
- 2-3 years of supervisory and/or training experience
- Must possess a valid class G Ontario Driver’s License
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic/experience requirements
- Indoor/outdoor office environments and local vehicle travel daily
- Occasionally required to extend hours of work to meet demands or customer requirements
- Working in an On-call rotation to provide OSP support
This position requires the incumbent to obtain and provide to NRBN a Criminal Record Check (CRC), a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC), and a Driver’s Abstract.
What Do We Offer?
- An attractive compensation plan with a combination of base salary and annual bonus
- A company-paid benefits plan (includes medical, dental and prescription drugs and pension plan).
- An opportunity to work in a growing entrepreneurial organization with great culture that rewards success.
- An opportunity to join a fun, dynamic team with excellent potential for career advancement
NRBN is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions at NRBN are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
We thank you for your interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted
Posted on: 2020-06-26