Children’s Registered Residential Manager (Ofsted Regulated)
IsMyJob — Preston, Lancashire
£30,000 to £37,500 (depending upon experience)
We are looking for Residential Registered Manager for a Children’s Home in Preston, Lancashire. Our Client ensures that each child is given an opportunity to reach their potential and we are outcome focussed. We want each child to be able to reflect on their time with our client as a positive experience. We help children who have emotional behavioural difficulties and adopt a strong team approach to providing wraparound care and support. The home is currently OFSTED registered and the supports look after children up to 18 years old.
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage an OFSTED registered Children’s Home currently registered to accommodate up to three children and future annex to be registered and will be discussed at interview.
- To take management responsibility for the residential home service provided by our Client.
- To provide strong leadership and direction to support the organisation.
- To ensure that the strategic vision, qualitative objectives and ethos of care are
implemented throughout the home in a timely manner and to budget.
- To develop and sustain effective and productive relationship/partnerships with
all external agencies, professional bodies and stakeholders.
- To have unconditional positive regard for children and young people whilst
setting clear boundaries and expectations of behaviour, therefore commitment to the principle of ‘High Warmth/High Control’ and sticking with difficult placements.
- To delegate effectively and self-regulate to a high level.
- To ensure each young person has the opportunity to attend qualitative
education consistent with the requirements of the DfE and each children’s home meets the standards and expectations contained in our Statement of Purpose.
- To review placement plans and identify individual children’s needs and ensure that these are met by all the team.
- To manage individuals and groups of people effectively and to adapt personal management style to meet the needs of the individuals and teams.
- To direct and take overall responsibility for the management of the residential home.
- To establish and maintain best-practice systems, risk appraisal and quality assurance procedures to ensure high quality, high value services and good outcomes for children and young people and Local Authorities.
- To provide regular performance reports to the Responsible Individual.
- To secure registration with Ofsted as the Registered Manager.
- To effectively manage the home’s budget.
- To submit weekly KPI reports to the Responsible Individual.
- To engage with the Responsible Individual on all matters particularly those
relating to the staff and children we support, presenting appropriate
information to enable the Responsible Individual to make effective decisions.
- To manage the staff team/s and the rota.
- To liaise effectively with the Commissioning Manager/s regarding new
referrals, discharges and ongoing placements.
- To review individual children’s placement plans on an ongoing basis, ensuring
that each child’s needs are met to the highest standard by yourself and your
- To ensure that staff are recruited, trained, managed, appraised and
developed in accordance with internal and statutory procedures.
- To promote the company’s equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice
policies in relation to all staff and young people.
- To ensure that the Social Worker and family (parents), are kept informed as
outlined in the referral documents, risk assessments or care plans with incidents/accidents or any issues concerning the child/ren and young person we look after.
- To comply at all times with the company’s legal, contractual and regulatory requirements and responsibilities in relation to the above duties.
- To represent the company externally and to promote its work and values.
- To be aware of relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and legislation which
are current and ensure that all establishments carry out duties accordingly.
- To carry out other duties reasonably requested by the Responsible Individual, which fall within the remit of the role and the capabilities of the post holder.
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Pension plan
- Free car parking (first come first serve basis)
- Continuing professional development
- Level 3; NVQ4 in Health & Social Care (Children & Young People)
- Management Qualification
- Level 5 / LMC – NVQ Level 4
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Minimum of 2 years working as a Registered Residential Children’s Home Manager within the past 5 years
- 2 years at Senior Level in residential care
- Managing Ofsted inspections to a minimum overall ‘good’ rating
- Working with children who present with challenging behaviours
- Working in a therapeutic environment
- Working with in the Care Standards Act 2000 regulations
- Understanding of Children Protection
- Effective leadership skills
Posted on: 2020-06-27