Ontario is currently experiencing an unprecedented health crisis. This crisis is taking place as the Ministry of Health is undertaking a major health system transformation that will have a great impact on how health services are delivered. This impact will be felt by Ontario's Francophones. Section 44 of the Connected Care Act, 2019 commits Health Ontario to engage and collaborate with each French-language health planning entity and to take into account any advice it receives from the entity with respect to the health needs and priorities of the Francophone community, including those of the various groups that make up the community. In this strategic context, Reflet Salvéo is positioning itself within its territory to improve access to, accessibility to and integration of French-language health services within the health system.
We are looking for an executive director able to meet these formidable challenges.
- Passionate leadership motivated by a vision that is both congruent and evolving.
- A strong capacity for health system analysis and planning.
- An innovative spirit that will build new alliances and develop new approaches to achieve our objectives.
- A strong political acumen in dealing with funders and other stakeholders.
- An exceptional ability to balance the health needs and priorities of Francophones with the ability of providers to offer quality services and care.
- A deep appreciation of the workings and challenges facing health service providers.
- Sound judgment in identifying important issues and devoting the necessary resources to them.
- An ability to consolidate or develop sound partnerships that support and respect the organization's mandate.
- A strong mentoring capacity to support a small team with few resources but high ambitions.
- Fiscal prudence and a strong financial management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills in both French and English to effectively act as the organization's spokesperson.
- Tact and diplomacy.
Qualifications and experience:
- Undergraduate university degree or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of management experience
- Experience working with and supporting a board of directors
- Superior oral and written proficiency in English and French (will be tested)
- Knowledge of the health care environment, its structures and the laws governing them
Remuneration according to the established salary range and the qualifications of the selected candidate including a competitive salary, extended health and dental benefits and 3.75% employer RRSP contribution.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All selected candidates will be required to provide a criminal record prior to commencing employment. In accordance with Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodation for candidates with disabilities is available upon request throughout the recruitment process.