In the histopathology department you will be leading a team of Registrar and SHO doctors in Histopathology. Also as a Consultant doctor in histopathology you will be fully responsible for the outcome of your work. You will also be working with some of the most well respected doctors in the country in histopathology who will be able to advise you well in respect of your career decisions for the future.
The hospital is placed in one of the most beautiful landscapes you can find in the West of Ireland. The magnificent mountains, winding rivers, and uneven coastline make the place popular among tourists and backpackers. As a striking contrast to the rugged uplands and terrains of the county, the lakes around the town are well-known for their very still waters and marshlands. The summit of Knocknarea is known for its imposing Neolithic cairn and is also identified by the locals as Queen Maeve’s grave. In neighbouring Carrowmore, visitors will find the largest megalithic cemetery in Ireland. The county’s scenic coast has some excellent surfing beaches like Strandhill, Rosses Point, and Enniscrone. The Lissadell House is a good family attraction with a very beautiful beach nearby. It was once the home of Countess Markievicz. Many golf courses are also found in the county. Other activities for tourists include horse riding, cycling, fishing, and other water sports.
- Initial contract of 1 year. Possibility of becoming permanent after a year or so.
- Approximate net monthly salary of 6500-7500€ net/month after tax and pension deductions for Consultant positions. Could have the possibility to earn more money through private patients attending the hospital. Typical long term Consultants in Ireland are earning in excess of 10.000€ net/month (approximately 200.000€ gross/year).
- 31 working days per Year holidays for Consultants+ public holidays (there is 9 in a year).
- 7 study days leave per year to attend conferences or further education for Consultants.
- Up to 3000€ for educational funding for Consultants.
- Lucrative pension scheme included.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Should be on the Specialist registrar of the Irish Medical Council for Histopathology if this is NOT the case we will help all eligible candidates to get registered with the Irish Medical Council on the Specialist Registrar if he/she has completed his training in Histopathology inside the European Union. Please take into account that the process can take up to 3-4 months in total.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English. IELTs/OET examination would be recommendable although not essential if you can proof a good level of English.
- Good motivation to go to Ireland to work as a doctor as from July-August 2020.
4. At least 5-6 years’ experience in Histopathology is required (including your training years).
5. Skills in general haematology are required including diagnosis of small samples, urological and gynaecological, skin diseases and surgical samples.
Bologna Health Jobs is specialized in recruiting and placing doctors into permanent positions in private and public hospitals of Ireland.
Our business model is directed to supply the perfect fit not only towards our clients but also to the candidates. To do this will help the doctor in many issues to do with the selection process and the incorporation to our Client hospital as could be:
- Going over the CVs to adapt them to the vacancies.
- Help with registering with the Irish Medical Council (IMC).
- Tips and advice before the interviews with the hospitals.
- Help to get your experience recognized in Ireland if you are coming from abroad,
- Help with relocation issues.
- Tax advice.
- Career planning in Ireland.
In a nutshell we pride ourselves with having long term relationships with the candidates we place so we will help you in everything that we can possibly do so and not only before incorporating to your job but also after.
Skills: General histopathology experience, IMC, IELTS.