Interpaving Limited is a privately held company which specializes in a diverse range of work in Civil Infrastructure including: road & pipe construction, aggregate production, concrete production, and hot mix asphalt production, equipment rentals, and construction management. Here at Interpaving Limited, we offer steady employment with a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Our growing team continuously seeks hard working and talented individuals who will have a positive impact to the construction community. We are currently seeking to have a Construction Estimator join our team and take part in building something you will be proud of.
The successful candidate will possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below.
- Education: Diploma in Engineering Technician / Technology
- Two (2) or more years of directly related experience
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record.
- Technical, Estimating and Analytical Skills
- Time management and strategic planning
- Ability to work in a team environment and build strong working relationships with coworkers, clients, suppliers, and sub-trades.
- Familiar with estimating software
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of construction plans and specifications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, plans, specifications, and related documents.
- Prepares material quantity take-offs from project plans and specifications.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by analyzing proposals, contract drawings, specifications, and related documents
- Estimates costs by analyzing labor, material and time requirements.
- Organize sub-contractors and supplier’s quotations, ensure quotes meet Contract Documents.
- Maintain relationships between sub-contractors, supplier’s, and clients.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of Interpaving Limited Health & Safety Policy Program.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Posted on: 2020-06-27