Interpaving Limited is a privately held company which specializes in a diverse range of work in Civil Infrastructure including: road & pipe construction, aggregate production, concrete production, and hot mix asphalt production, equipment rentals, and construction management. Here at Interpaving Limited, we offer steady employment with a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Our growing team continuously seeks hard working and talented individuals who will have a positive impact to the construction community. We are currently seeking to have an Truck Driver join our team.
Join our team and take part in building something you will be proud of.
The successful candidate will possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below.
- A minimum of one or more years of related experience
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma is an asset.
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record as well as having a means of transportation.
- Valid D(Z) Drivers License
- Operating hauling trucks loaded with rock, sand, aggregate, and other materials
- Operating Interpaving Limited vehicle in accordance with laws and regulations at all times
- Maintain a clean and operating truck in and out of zero deficiencies
- Perform daily pre-trips and post-trips inspections in accordance to current laws and regulations
- Maintain accurate log of hours worked in compliance with current laws and regulations
- Follow a schedule for pick-up and deliveries according to priority
- Verify hauling material and weight.
- Communication with foreman or other equipment operators to ensure delivery of materials are according to job specifications
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of Interpaving Limited Health & Safety Policy Program.
- Monitor, service, and document the equipment logs and inspection as per the preventative maintenance and standard requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted on: 2020-06-28