The successful candidate will be required to partake in the on-call rota at the hospital and provide in house General / Colorectal care as the service demands. The new post holder will deal with acute symptomatic colorectal cases and partake in the rota for managing rectal cancers referred to the unit and screen detected cancers as per the NCCP while adhering to Key Performance indicators. The successful candidate would be required to make a significant contribution to running and governance of the Acute Surgical Assessment Unit (ASAU). The Acute Surgical Assessment Unit (ASAU) plays an important role in the structure of the Hospital. Its admits appropriate patients with surgical pathologies direct from General practitioner’s and patients with General surgical pathologies from the emergency department. This allows timely decision-making in terms of patients needing diagnostic tests and those requiring direct surgical input. The successful candidate may be required to provide services in affiliated hospitals.
- Initial contract of 1year. With a possibility of extension.
- Approximate net monthly salary of 6500-7500€ net/month after tax and pension deductions for Consultant positions. Could have the possibility to earn more money through private patients attending the hospital. Typical long term Consultants in Ireland are earning in excess of 10.000€ net/month (approximately 200.000€ gross/year).
- 31 working days per Year holidays for Consultants+ public holidays (there is 9 in a year).
- 7 study days leave per year to attend conferences or further education for Consultants.
- Up to 3000€ for educational funding for Consultants.
- Lucrative pension scheme included.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Should be on the Specialist registrar of the Irish Medical Council for General Surgery.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English.
- Good motivation to go to Ireland to work as a doctor ASAP if comming from abroad.
4. At least 6-7 years experience in General Surgery with an interest in Colorectal surgery is required (including your training years).
5. Irish and/or UK experience is recomendable although not essential.
All candidates who are interested should send a detailed CV in English ASAP. Extra and more precise information on the job places will be given once we receive the CVs.