JDRF Electromag Engineering Inc. is an applied science research and development lab, specialized in the creation of innovative products focused on energy conservation and harvesting.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team in the capacity of an Embedded System Developer. Someone who is bright, with a can-do attitude and a demonstrated passion for technology research and development.
As a member of our engineering team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to be part of a close knit and innovative team, and explore new technology aimed at energy conservation using machine learning, edge computing and data fusion, with focus on making this world a better place for future generations.
- Design and development of embedded solutions, using C, C++ and MATLAB for ARM Cortex core-based microcontrollers
- Contribute and maintain the embedded software base
- Contribute to the Software and system Architecture
- Participate in code reviews
- Produce high quality design documentation
- Develop and execute system and unit tests
- Computer Engineering / Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s or PhD degree in related field is a plus.
- Over 4 years of experience in embedded software development
- Strong C / C++ programming experience a must, MATLAB experience is highly desired
- Must have demonstrated experience in microcontroller-based platform
- Experience with FreeRTOS is desired
- Deep knowledge in developing systems with wireless communication protocols is highly desired
- Knowledge of DSP or wireless communication systems is beneficial
- Strong analytical and communication skills