Blue Recruitment Personnel are now looking for an experienced Java Software Developer to join our client's dynamic and fast paced Development team.
Our client, is an international market leader designing and delivering a range of innovative and simple stored value solutions including Gift Cards, Corporate and Insurance Claim Cards and prepaid debit cards for major retailers.
An opportunity has arisen for a Java Software Developer in Test, to join our client dynamic and fast paced Development team, and to contribute to the on-going enhancement of their industry- leading financial transaction processing platform.
Providing near continuous availability, our client mission critical platform processes in excess of $1 billion of transactions annually and deliver services to major international clients and consumers across a wide range of industries, including retail, corporate, finance, travel & telco.
Our client has adopted an Agile framework (Scrum) at the core of all software development activities, working in defined sprints to make regular deliveries to the PrePay platform
Prepay uses various java test frameworks and tools, including jUnit, Cucumber, and Selenium Webdriver to create the fully automated test framework.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have an extensive software development background, and have good experience of working with testing frameworks.
- Well organized – able to plan own work and track progress against a plan.
- Methodical worker, high attention to detail
- Tenacious problem solver.
- Flexible, can cope with changing priorities.
- Strong communicator, both written & oral. Able to explain technical issues and solutions to peers.
- Self starter, team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
If you think you have got what it takes to rise to this challenge, then we would like to hear from you!
- Develop, document, maintain and execute automated tests using Java tools to verify the quality of the PPS platform and catch issues as early as possible in the development cycle.
- Ensure high quality of the deliverables into the testing framework, take ownership and accountability for problem resolution and ensure test automation solutions are successful.
- Develop a deep understanding of the PPS products and platform to be able to analyse, specify and construct automated tests which correctly identify issues. Become familiar with legal and regulation aspects of the payment industry.
- Strive to continually develop and improve test methods, tools and techniques, including the test automation framework.
- Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial experience
- Strong Test Analysis skills (ideally ISEB/ISTQB formal qualification)
Essential Technical experience
- Java [min 2 years]
- Testing framework experience (Cucumber, JBehave, Junit, Selenium) [min 0.5 years]
- SQL [min 1 years, ideally Oracle PL/SQL]
Experience of the following
- Spring, Hibernate
- Agile methodologies, in particular Scrum
- Tools: SVN, Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Apache, Jenkins
- Experience of working in the financial sector.
Reference ID: JD Swindon
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00 to £49,000.00 / year
Posted on: 2020-03-29