Details of service:
The Paediatric Department at the hospital provides a service to the paediatric population of the surrounding counties. There are currently 3 WTE permanent Consultant Paediatricians. One post has a formal special interest designation of Community Child Health with 0.5 WTE commitment to this service. The remaining two posts are General Paediatricians with specialist training in other areas, one with expertise in Paediatric Diabetes & Endocrinology and the second focusing on Adolescent Medicine. The Department has recently received approval for an additional 3 WTE Consultant Paediatricians. Once the additional posts have been filled, the 0.5 WTE post in Community Child Health will be reconfigured as a 1 WTE in Community Child health post.
The Paediatric ward is a 25-bedded facility, comprising 15 beds and 10 cots. The service currently provides inpatient care, day case activity and outpatient clinics. There is a dedicated Paediatric area with audio-visual separation from adult services in the Emergency Department. The Hospital has a busy Obstetric service, with 2104 deliveries in 2017. There is a level one neonatal Unit, providing care for approximately 260 term and preterm infants annually. Preterm infants less than 32 weeks gestation are transferred to tertiary maternity services in Dublin for on-going care.
The on-call service in the hospital includes neonatal resuscitation and management of neonatal emergencies including ventilation and stabilisation of sick term and preterm infants.
- Initial contract of 1year. With a possibility of extension.
- Approximate net monthly salary of 6500-7500€ net/month after tax and pension deductions for Consultant positions. Could have the possibility to earn more money through private patients attending the hospital. Typical long term Consultants in Ireland are earning in excess of 10.000€ net/month (approximately 200.000€ gross/year).
- 31 working days per Year holidays for Consultants+ public holidays (there is 9 in a year).
- 7 study days leave per year to attend conferences or further education for Consultants.
- Up to 3000€ for educational funding for Consultants.
- Lucrative pension scheme included.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Should be on the Specialist registrar of the Irish Medical Council for Paediatrics. We will help all eligible candidates to get registered with the Irish Medical Council on the Specialist Registrar if he/she has completed his training in Paediatrics inside the European Union. Please take into account that the process can take up to 3-4 months in total.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English.
- Good motivation to go to Ireland to work as a doctor ASAP if coming from abroad.
4. At least 6-7 years’ experience in Paediatrics and neonatology is required (including your training years).
5. Irish and/or UK experience is recommendable although not essential.
All candidates who are interested should send a detailed CV in English ASAP. Extra and more precise information on the job places will be given once we receive the CVs.