Niagara Regional Broadband Network (NRBN) is the Region’s leading service provider of high-performance data, voice, and networking solutions.
The Network Support Engineer is a highly skilled individual, responsible for the operation and maintenance of the telecommunications infrastructure of Niagara Regional Broadband Network Ltd. The Network Engineer will use their technical expertise to provide superior customer support and continually improve the network. They will use their experience to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve customer issues.
You will contribute to our team by:
- Providing demonstrable working knowledge to support and troubleshoot advanced IP services and Internet protocols in a Service Provider environment
- Accurately provisioning new customer circuits to meet NRBN standards
- Interacting with customers to provide support, and troubleshooting problems
- Supporting a wide range of NRBN products including Internet, MPLS, Ethernet, VoIP, Managed Services and Security
- Facilitating the testing of custom designs and network improvements
- Implementing and maintaining custom customer network solutions
- Offering working knowledge and understanding of Ethernet switching, IP routing and MPLS technology in a Service Provider environment
- Providing Sales Engineering support to the Sales business unit in the form of customer meetings, diagram creation, recommendations, etc.
- Supporting Windows and Linux based systems essential to NRBN Operations such as DNS and NMS
- Handling multiple diverse technical projects
- Adhering to the existent processes and procedures at NRBN and continually strive to improve them
- Ensuring all customer records are updated and accurate
- Coordinating change management activities and handling customer communication effectively
- Creating network diagrams and properly collecting customer data
- Performing other related duties as assigned by supervisor
What Do you Bring to the Team?
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, etc.) and routing policy.
- Knowledge of carrier services such as MPLS, QoS, VPLS, MEF, etc.
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies with specific understanding of SIP
- IP resource allocation in accordance with ARIN governance in the planning and efficient allocation of IP address resources, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Demonstrate ability to analyse and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Work with and administer network management software and tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Networking, Engineering, or a combination of equivalent related training and experience
- Experience as a network support technician in a Service Provider 24 X 7 environment considered an asset
- Experience and working knowledge in Cisco based switching and IP routing technologies particularly in provisioning, troubleshooting, and testing
- Network certifications (Cisco or other technologies) considered an asset
- Must possess a valid class G driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic/experience requirements
- Communicate effectively and credibly with customers and employees, both orally and in writing
- Proficient in standard office software applications e.g. MS Office Suite and Visio
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems
- Succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Innovation: displays solid intellectual and problem-solving capabilities; challenges self and others to come up with new ways of doing things
- Achievement: shows drive and initiative in a performance-based culture; results oriented, ensures measures are in place to track achievements
- Quickly shift priorities and adapt to changes to meet organizational and department requirements, while managing multiple priorities
- Focus on providing excellent customer service by using processes and procedures that are customer oriented and seek solutions to resolve service issues
- Adapt to changes in process, systems, and organization structures
- Experience supporting Linux and Windows systems considered an asset
What Do We Offer?
- An attractive compensation plan with a combination of base salary and annual bonus
- A company-paid benefits plan (includes medical, dental and prescription drugs and pension plan).
- An opportunity to work in a growing entrepreneurial organization with great culture that rewards success.
- An opportunity to join a fun, dynamic team with excellent potential for career advancement
- Primarily Indoor with some Outdoor field location work and local vehicle travel daily
- Required to extend or modify hours of work to meet work demands or customer requirements including evenings and weekends
- Required to work “On Call” on a rotating basis
- Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset
NRBN is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions at NRBN are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
We thank you for your interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted
Posted on: 2020-06-27