We are hiring for our new London office!
Role: Client Facing Engineer
Start Date: Summer 2020
3Forge is a self funded trade-tech business based out of the US. 3Forge is at an inflection point in terms of its evolution as a business and it is an incredibly exciting time to take on a role in which the successful candidate will directly influence the success of the EMEA region.
In 2010, 3Forge set out to break away from the traditional model of Independent Software Vendor (ISV) vertical asset class specialization focus. Instead, 3Forge focused on designing reusable building blocks with a focus on flexibility, performance and ease-of-use.
The net result is the AMI platform which is a data virtualization layer with hundreds of adapters, a complex event processor for high speed processing of real time data and a web-based dashboard with an easy to use drag and drop interface for rapidly building front-end applications.
Our award-winning framework is currently deployed at three of the top five global investment banks: Citi, Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse.
3Forge’s management team combines experience in the development and marketing of complex trading, middle, back office and risk technologies with banking, academic and research talent.
Client Facing Engineer
This position is for our London office.
The Client Facing Engineer position will play a crucial role in the development and execution of Asian and European related projects. Support for Asia will start at 8 am London time. These projects will be both pre- and post sales and will require extensive proficiency in 3Forge’s AMI platform. Given the current Covid 19 situation, all work would be done from home until we are able to open our new Canary Wharf office. Once that is possible, the position would also require onsite visits to various prospects in the London area, and potential client meetings at other European installations.
Additionally, we will be hiring a Junior Client Facing Engineer in London as well. This role will also be responsible for training the second employee in London. The senior Client Facing Engineer will report directly to the CTO.
Areas of Responsibility
- Leading pre-sales project management in London
- Onsite client visits where you will be the key point of contact
- Handling all support inquiries from 8am-4pm GMT+1
- Transfer of support tickets to NYC office at 4pm GMT+1 daily
- Involvement in hiring and training second London based employee
- SQL Basics
- Basic Unix: writing scripts, vi editor, permissions, etc.
- Basic Windows: installing, editing files, etc.
- Problem solving : ability to diagnose log files & interpret a stack trace
- Familiar with messaging concepts
- Early riser, driven and motivated to get things done
- Personable and professional communications skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience within financial markets is strongly preferred, but not essential
- Technical writing ability for documentation
- Strong maths/stats skills
- Knowledge of Python
- Finance background, specifically sell-side trading
The following factors are also important: these individuals must have strong client facing and communication skills and the ability and aptitude to work across timezones, most notably Asia. They will be expert project managers with an entrepreneurial mindset. While academics are important, technical smarts are essential.
The 3Forge personality profile is bright and motivated with lots of drive and initiative. The ideal candidate will have all of the above qualities but as the first employee of a nascent international office they should demonstrate ‘future leader’ qualities that will facilitate growth and evolution within the business.
Please include cover letter and resume. No phone calls. All correspondence, including interview selection will be managed via email.
Posted on: 2020-06-03