Our client company was established over 25 years ago as an entrepreneur-run business with a novel design for a handheld spectrometer._ Today, they are an international company with over 5,000 products and OEM customers that range from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups in a wide range of industries. They understand what it takes to help their customers develop and grow a product from concept to reality: excellent products, deep applications knowledge, on-time delivery and personal, local support at every stage. From sub-components to complete measurement systems their modular design allows companies to source at the component, subassembly, or system level, depending on their need and the stage of product development. Their line of spectrometers, light sources, and accessories are compact, portable, and low in power consumption, enabling rapid time to market for ideas on a scalable platform. They aim to close the technology gap, using extensive spectroscopy & applications knowledge and in-house customization & system integration to lower barriers to entry, even in new markets.
The company has an immediate need for a Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer at their Orlando plant.
The Manufacturing Engineer will report to Manufacturing Engineering Manager and will provide technical expertise necessary to design, develop and implement manufacturing systems, processes and tooling required to support plant production activities.
Major duties include the following:
· Develops test, manufacturing, and various assembly processes
· Uses engineering tools and statistical concepts to maintain and improve processes
· Investigates process problems and initiates corrective actions
· Generation of production level documentation and procedures
· Specifies and initiates purchase of manufacturing tools, equipment and supplies
· Plans, specifies and justifies capital equipment expenditures
· Lead product and/or process improvement teams
· Works closely with cross-functional engineering groups performing concurrent engineering
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, and Abilities
The minimum required qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited University with 0-5 years of applicable experience.
- Familiarity with multiple software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point is required.
- Requires US Citizenship.
- Basic knowledge in troubleshooting and problem solving.
Preferred Background Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and FMEA tools
- Basic knowledge in statistics with Six Sigma Green, Black Belt, or ASQ Quality Engineer Certification.
- Familiarity with the use of AutoCAD, Solidworks, CAMWorks and MRP software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge in state of the art microelectronics fabrication and packaging methods.
Posted on: 2020-05-08