Our client company is building an integrated and competitive paper business by exceeding customer expectations for flexibility, quality and service. Their products are manufactured from 100% recycled pulp or from virgin fiber from the company’s internal pulp network. This allows them to control the production process – from material input to final product – ensuring precise control, cost-competitiveness and consistent quality, while offering the customization and personalization their customers demand. In February 2017 their Tennessee state-of-the-art facility began producing premium private-label tissue for the retail market. The company’s two Florida mills manufacture branded and private-label recycled and virgin paper grades for retail and away-from-home markets. Their mills have a combined annual production capacity of 128,000 short tons (116,000 metric tons) across four tissue machines and 11 converting lines.
The company has an immediate need for Plant Electricians with controls experience for their Seminole County Plant. This is a direct hire position with outstanding benefits.
Responsible to install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service electrical control systems including DCS and PLC, manufacturing equipment, facilities equipment and computer systems.
- Provide electrical and controls assistance for the Electrical Maintenance Department. Promote a safe working environment mill wide. Ensure safety policy adherence in department, including Arc Flash procedures. Work with other Maintenance and Production groups through the Safety Advocacy process to optimize the Mill’s safety effort. Identify and participate in any necessary trainings for technicians to achieve goals.
- Adhere to Best Maintenance practices by attending daily scheduling meetings, producing daily work schedule and working with Operations to manage break-in work.
- Interface with Electrical and Controls Supervisor to develop short-term and long-term maintenance and operations plans and projects. Provide technical assistance as needed to optimize equipment reliability in all areas. Promote continuous improvement opportunities.
- Represent the company in dealing with outside contractors and vendors as required. Perform required administrative duties.
5. Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system. Perform Quality Audits / Inspection to our products / processes.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including ammeters etc.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· 5+ years E & I Maintenance experience in a multi-craft environment.
· Comprehensive knowledge of electrical and instrumentation field including instrumentation control design theory.
· Understanding of programmable logic control.
· High level of verbal and written skills.
· Good interpersonal skills with ability to coordinate multiple processes.
· Able to respond effectively to changing work situations and priorities.
· Electrical Journeyman certification or equivalent industrial experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ASSETS
· Excellent interpersonal skills required, including an ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced and structured environment
· Good communication skills with excellent strategic thinking skills
· Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short- and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods
· Proficient analytical skills required as well as a background in MS Office.
· The ideal candidate will possess the drive and passion to continuously improve upon the health and safety efficiency, production, planning and manufacturing cost and maintenance cost targets for the site
Be Part of the Change. Be Part of a Dynamic Team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $26.00 /hour Direct Hire with Excellent Benefits
Posted on: 2020-05-06