Trinity Health Senior Communities (THSC) is seeking a highly qualified and passionate Director of Nursing to oversee clinical care at the Mount Saint Vincent Care Center. Overlooking the Connecticut River in the Ingleside section of Holyoke, Massachusetts, Mount Saint Vincent Care Center provides 125 beds for short-term rehabilitation and long-term care in private and semi-private rooms.
Working in close collaboration with the Administrator and direct care staff, the DON is responsible for overseeing and managing the clinical services of the Care and Rehabilitation Center in accordance with the mission and values of Trinity Health and all federal and Commonwealth of Massachusetts standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern a licensed skilled nursing facility.
Engaging, developing, and supporting colleagues on the care team is central to THSC culture and an essential factor in our success. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and effective leader with a proven record of clinical excellence and service quality.
Trinity offers an exceptional working environment, caring and committed colleagues, competitive pay and exceptional benefits, opportunities for career advancement and personal growth -- all within the context of a mission-driven organization.
Are you the passionate and successful clinical leader that we are looking for? Here's what you will need:
Required license, degree and certifications
- Degree from an accredited nursing program
- Current Registered Nurse license within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards
- Three to five years’ experience in long-term care or a corollary clinical setting
- Two years of management experience and a proven record of leadership success
- Proven record of survey success
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to manage stress and respond effectively to rapidly emerging resident and family needs, staff issues and admission requests
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage staff in delivering the highest level of clinical care and customer service
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the Administrator, employees and Trinity Health Senior Communities leadership to fulfill the mission within the values of Trinity Health
- Comply with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services
- Fast-paced, long-term care environment
- Frequent engagement with fellow employees, residents and public
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Subject to weekend and irregular hours as needed
Location: Holyoke, MA - Relocation incentives possible!