Job Title: Medical Provider (MD), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO),
STANDARDS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers are dedicated to providing responsive, high quality health care services that meet the needs of all users in a non-discriminatory, confidential, compassionate and professional atmosphere. In order to meet this mission it is expected that all employees, regardless of job title, perform their job duties in a professional manner; this expectation includes awareness of and high quality service to our many customers, developing and maintaining job competence, ethical personal behavior, the development and maintenance of supportive and caring relationships with others at work and basic professional integrity. Meeting these expectations is a minimum requirement for continued employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND STANDARDS:
- Provides direct patient care as a health center clinician with full panel of patients providing high quality medical care.
- If applicable works under the direction of the Medical Director to fulfill the health centers mission.
- Directs health center resources to provide the most effective medical services for patients.
- Maintain knowledge of new clinical approaches and methods for the purpose of providing cutting edge clinical services to patients.
- Attends Continued Medical Education (CME) sessions and conferences to support licensure and continued expansion of medical knowledge.
- Works as a medical team member to foster team work with clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Timely documentation of all patient care, medications, medical history, problems in accordance with medical standards in patient chart.
- Performs all duties using universal precautions and appropriate protective equipment as required to reduce exposure to infection, blood bourne pathogens and hazardous materials.
- Maintains all required state and federal licensure in good standing.
- Mentoring professional conduct, ethics, and confidentiality are expected at all times.
- When needed help provide coverage for the San Poil Valley Health Center in Keller, Wa.
Other Preferred Skills and Duties:
- Organizational skills involved with working under partial supervision.
- The ability to prioritize work assignments and work independently.
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examinations, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as, but not limited to x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as, but not limited to, injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develops and implements patient documentation such as management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provisions of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimen, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Credentials from the applicable accredited program
- Completed Clinical hours as required for licensure
Experience, Skills, Licensure:
- Ability to provide primary care in a community health care environment.
- Applicable Washington State Licensing, DEA Certification, National Certification if ARNP.
MANDATORY CONTINUING EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIRMENTS:
- Continued licensure in good standing.
- Credentials from the applicable accredited educational program
- Completed clinical hours required for licensure.
First 90 Days: General and department orientation, infection control, fire and safety education, and information technology orientation.
Annually: Competency, OSHA, MSDS, Infection control, fire and safety education
Continuing Ed: As required per license, CME requirements for continued state licensure ACLS/PALS
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
In an average workday; total cumulative time required for each activity:
Activity (hours) 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
In an average workday; the weight lifting requirements of (please check one):
Light (up to 25 lbs.)
Moderate (25 to 50 lbs.)
Heavy (over 50 lbs.)
In an average workday; the employee may be required to perform (please check all that apply):
Reaching (shoulder height or below
Reaching (above shoulder
Operate Foot Controls
Time Spent Inside: 100 %
Time Spent Outside: %
Normal Inside Range
Normal Outside Range
Explain: various lab specimens
Explain: blood, saliva, urine, stool, needles, etc.
Protective clothing or personal devices required: As needed.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY. Honorably discharged Veterans will be given priority over minimally qualified applicants in the same preference code.
I have reviewed the content of the above job description with my supervisor and had the opportunity to clarify and questions I had.
Supervisor's Name and Title:
I have discussed the work responsibilities outlined by this job description with the above employee.
HR Director Approval: