Licensed Clinical Social Worker or
Licensed Mental Health Professional
Job Title: Therapist / LICSW
Department: Behavioral Health Program
Reports to: Behavioral Health Program Manager
Job Classification: Full-time Position 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range Starting Salary $65,000.00 - 71,000.00 (DOQ)
This is an exempt position; the incumbent of this position is responsible for the delivery of a broad range of Behavioral Health Services to Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers’ patients. Services may include; provide clinical supervision, Behavioral Health Assessments, intake appointments, diagnosis of psychiatric disorders, individual, family and group counseling, treatment planning and care management. The incumbent chosen will provide services in a manner consistent with Lake Roosevelt Community Health Center’s mission and values; clinical and ethical best practices and standards; private and public managed care reimbursement system requirements; Local, state, Indian Health Services, and Federal regulations; Tribal Governance regulations; and various independent contract requirements that may be applicable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND STANDARDS:
1. Knowledge of and commitment to adhere to the professional code of ethics for respective profession.
2. Monitor and ensure compliance with all applicable RCW’s, WAC’s and other regulatory and contractual requirements; stay up to date on any new regulations affecting the department’s compliance.
3. Maintain clinical records and all its content.
4. Be comfortable and proficient with de-escalation skills in order to remain calm and helpful to individuals who may be distressed, angry or experiencing a mental health crisis.
5. Strong knowledge of crisis triage, psychiatric diagnostic assessment, brief/solution focused therapy models, and liaison work.
6. Responsible for making proper treatment referrals and documentation
7. Counsel clients, individually to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life or making changes.
8. Monitor clients’ use of medications
9. Knowledge of diversity in rural America, specifically on Indian reservations
10. Knowledge of Local, State and Federal standards and State Licensure requirements
11. Ability to be willing to work flexible hours, evenings, weekends and holidays as the work dictates
12. Ability to have strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
13. Ability to analyze and apply effective conflict resolution skills
14. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format
15. Ability to work under tense, demanding and sometimes-critical situations
16. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, outside entities and the general public
17. Ensure a holistic and comprehensive treatment approach
18. Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the electronic medical record system.
19. Skills in the use of computers and associated software as it relates to the duties of the position.
20. Conduct mental health assessments and documentation.
21. Develop individualized service plans and documentation.
22. Responsible to develop and maintain patient registries.
23. Ability to run reports off of systems and registries as needed.
24. Must have and maintain CRP/First Aid Certification and TB test annually.
Other Duties (specific to each individual employee’s duties):
1. Responsible for special projects as assigned.
2. In addition to the above, any other responsibilities appropriate to the position and not specifically listed in the job description.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Certificates · Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field Licensed in the State of Washington; Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical (LCSW-C) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) · WA State approved Clinical Supervisor (preferred) · Must have and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification
Experience: · Three (3) years’ experience in the direct treatment of mentally ill persons strongly preferred. · 2-3 years supervisory experience (preferred) · Two year prior experience in substance abuse or related field strongly preferred. · Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) as defined by WA State Law strongly (preferred) · Previous work experience demonstrating the ability to meet programmatic and clinical deadlines, completing all required paperwork within stipulated timeframes. · Previous work experience must indicate confidentiality of all records, materials and communications concerning patients, other program staff and professionals or other areas that may impact the operation of the program.
· Knowledge of working with Indian Health Service clinics, Contract Health Care systems, ambulatory clinics and/or Community Health Centers (preferred) · Satisfactory criminal history backgrounds check results are a condition of employment. (required)
Skills: 1. RPMS experience preferred 2. iCare experience preferred 3. Ability to maintain complete confidentiality 4. Well organized/detail oriented, pleasant personality, professional appearance. 5. Fax, phone, copier, personal computer, Microsoft, 6. Active Listening, Social Perceptiveness, Service Orientation, Speaking and Judgement and Decision Making.
Licensure: · WA State license LICSW (preferred) or · WA State LMHP
EVALUATION: All employees are subject to periodic and/or annual evaluation of their performance as it relates to the duties and job functions outlined in this job description.
MANDATORY CONTINUING EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Licensure: WA State License
First 90 days: General and department orientation, infection control, fire and safety education, and information technology orientation.
Annually: As required by licensure, criminal history background check, immunization tests that are required.
Continuing Ed: As required by licensure.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
In an average workday; total cumulative time required for each activity:
Activity (hours) 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
In an average workday; the weight lifting requirements of (please check one):
Light (up to 25 lbs.) Moderate (25 to 50 lbs.) Heavy (over 50 lbs.)
In an average workday; the employee may be required to perform (please check all that apply):
Bending/ Stooping Kneeling Crouching Twisting Climbing
Reaching (shoulder height or below Reaching (above shoulder Grasping/ Handling
Fine Manipulation/Fingering Pushing/Pulling Operate Foot Controls
Time Spent Inside: 90 % Time Spent Outside: 10%
Normal Inside Range Normal Outside Range Extreme Heat Extreme Cold
Humidity: Normal Range Wet/Humid Dry
Fumes Odors Dusts Mists Gases Poor Ventilation
Mechanical Electrical Burns Chemicals Other
Protective clothing or personal devices required:
This job advertisement does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties to be performed. It lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to my position. Employees are required to follow job-related instructions and perform other job-related activities assigned by their supervisor.
Tribal members and Indian preference will apply. Honorably discharged Veterans will be given priority over minimally qualified applicants in the same preference code.
CLOSING DATE: For guaranteed consideration applications must be received at the Lake Roosevelt Community Health Center by Friday, August 30, 2019 o later than 4:00 PM; Position is open until filled.
Information: Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers
Human Resource Office
P.O. Box 290/ 39 Short Cut Rd.
Inchelium, WA. 99138-0290