Overseas English Teacher – South Korea
Schools in GEC partner school network in South Korea are now hiring U.S. citizens as English teachers. South Korea is one of the most popular and attractive destinations for International teachers. Whether you like living in a vibrant modern city or are keen on rural towns with fascinating view and peaceful environment, you will love this country. Teaching English in South Korea will give you all the benefits a TEFL teacher would ever ask for. A good salary, free flight ticket, free housing, health insurance, and the opportunity to enrich the lives of students who are eager to learn from you. If English is your native language, you don't need to have teaching experience to qualify!
Salary and Benefits
GEC partner schools in South Korea offer great benefits including flight allowance, housing allowance, medical and accident insurance and bonus payments. Depending on the experience and location, GEC teachers may expect to have a generous salary which has nearly three times the local purchasing power that it would have in the U.S. Living costs are far lower than the USA. Your income will be a lot more than enough to live very comfortably and even to save some money in South Korea.
- Airfare reimbursement
- Rent-free furnished apartment
- 2.0 – 2.7 million Won salary per month based on location and qualification
- Health and travel insurance
- 20-25 teaching hours each week
- 26 working days paid vacation per year
- Detailed information and guidance about working, teaching and living in South Korea.
- Customized support to identify the best matching location, school and contract.
- Placement at a reputable GEC partner school in South Korea with direct contract.
- Personal support by GEC program manager with detailed guides and reminder messages for each step of the application.
- Pre-departure support, including an online pre-departure orientation
- Airport pickup on arrival, free accommodation for the first evening, and transportation to your assignment upon arrival
- Support and advice from GEC representatives in South Korea
Who is GEC?
A designated sponsor of the U.S. Cultural Exchange Programs, GEC is also proud to be one of the official partner organizations for EPIK program of Korean Ministry of Education, which allows GEC teachers to teach at public schools in South Korea. All EPIK teachers are employed by the Korean government.
- Take part in a highly secure program, with all GEC EPIK teachers employed by the Korean government.
- Land a teaching placement in a public elementary, middle, or high school where the main focus is education.
- Enjoy a range of benefits, including a rent-free furnished apartment and airfare reimbursement.
- Have plenty of time for travel and exploration, with paid vacation.
- Guarantee lifetime job placement assistance in South Korea, China, or Thailand.
- Passport holder from USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, South Africa or New Zealand
- Speak English at an idiomatic level
- A bachelor's degree in any field
- Age between 22-50 at the time of application
- Ability to live abroad for at least one year
- Clear background check
Posted on: 2020-02-19