Overseas English Teacher / ESL Teacher in China
We are looking for enthusiastic ESL teachers for our network of host schools in Shangai, Schenzen, Beijing and many other popular locations of China.
Who is GEC
A proud member of Southwestern family of companies founded in 1855, GEC is a designated sponsor for the U.S. cultural and educational exchange programs helping thousands of people travel globally every year. We are committed to help people learn about other cultures, to embrace diversity, and to develop the skills and character they need to achieve their goals in life.
Teaching overseas with GEC is safe and stress-free.
Education market in China is gigantic, time difference is huge, procedures are complicated and not all employers and recruiters are reliable. First-time visitors to China usually need support and assistance. We help our teachers make the best decisions, avoid costly mistakes, and have a stress-free experience from beginning to end. We match you with reputable schools and pre-screened service providers. You never have trust issues while you are a GEC teacher.
Salary and Benefits
GEC partner schools in China offer great benefits including flight allowance, housing allowance, medical and accident insurance, bonus payments and career opportunities. Depending on the experience and location, salaries of GEC teachers range from 15,000 RMB a month to 30,000 RMB a month.
- Airfare reimbursement
- Rent-free furnished apartment OR housing allowance
- Performance bonus
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Health and travel insurance
- Salary advance available
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Guidance and assistance for legal Z working visa and residence permit
- 24-hour in-country support by GEC staff
- 7-15 days off per semester during school and national holidays
- Overtime pay
- Contract completion bonus
- Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, South Africa or New Zealand
- A bachelor’s degree
- Min. 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL Certification
- Age between 22-55 at the time of application
- Ability to obtain a clear background check
- Ability to live abroad for at least one year
You may opt out the TEFL certification if you;
- already hold a degree in education,
- can provide confirmed full-time teaching experience of min 2 years.